Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Blogging

This was my favorite line from the article, "The key to understanding a blog is to realize that it’s a broadcast, not a publication. If it stops moving, it dies. If it stops paddling, it sinks."

I agree with the author that a 1000 word essay is not nearly as effective online as it is in print. Also, if you blog about yourself everyday, you really need to think about the readers of the blog otherwise you are just writing a diary. And for this reason I think it is good that print journalists have to have accurate sources and many other restrictions that keep them from publishing what is immediately on their mind. When I purchase something printed, I don't want to read someone's diary, I want the facts.

One thing I did not like about the article was the metaphor about a blog bobbing on the ocean but held down like an anchor. I don't get it. And since this seems like a 1000 word article that I read online, I don't think it's effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment