I mean, seriously. The author of "Why I Blog" makes blogging out to be a life or death form of writing. To me, that just doesn't seem to be the case.
Yes, I understand the "instant" connection to readers that blogging provides. But who is really reading the blogs INSTANTLY? The author mentions that blogging makes revisions (besides minor ones) difficult. I see the opposite. You as a blogger have instant access to the "Backspace" key, even after the blog is published. Newspapers don't have the luxury, nor do broadcasters. And yes, I understand that people can directly comment on blogs and the feedback gets to writers. So what if it is negative feedback? At least you know someone is reading.
However, I do agree with the author that blogging lets others steer you towards the truth. People who do read and follow your blog might know more about a topic than you, and could provide you with fresh insight. This is what I find valuable about blogs...but I still don't take them all too seriously.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment