Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blogs and Me

I definitely agree with Andrew Sullivan when he says that a writer’s most personal opinions come out in a blog and sometimes he or she might be ashamed of what they revealed in their blogs. This is usually true about celebrities who blog. However, blogging is not the only way of personal insinuations. Both Facebook and Twitter can be so too. I remember myself being really emotional about Barcelona losing a soccer game last week on Facebook. I can only imagine the Facebook statuses of people who are actually from Barcelona after this game.

Blogs do have far greater impact on people than newspapers or magazines can ever have like Andrew says mainly because it is broadcast. The whole question of an article/blog being personal is not important. If you really like Helen Thomas, you are going to read every boring article she ever wrote and at the same time read about her tea parties in her blog as well.

Personally, I would prefer not to have my personal opinion floating around in a blog that anyone can see at any point of time. I’d rather talk about such stuff in Facebook since no one is jobless enough to scroll back to my last week’s status and make fun of me for being such a cry-baby when it comes to soccer. However, I do use blogs when I wan’t my message to reach out to everyone. I have in the past been a part of political blogs discussing about the politics of the Middle East and South East Asia. I also have my entire art portfolio in a blog since that is the simplest way in which other art enthusiasts can easily reach my paintings and critique them.

No comments:

Post a Comment