Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My First Tweet

I was always against Twitter. I thought it was dumb. But now that I have Twitter...goodness, I am obsessed!

At first I added journalists, as instructed. Some come from Professor Dibbell's list, but I added some of my favorites and some anchors and reporters from home. Most use Twitter to get breaking news out to the public and interact with their viewers. One of my favorites uses it to tweet the best sentence they read all week. I like the ones that tweet articles from different (not their own) news sites, because it means I usually get news that I wouldn't have otherwise. My list can be seen at www.twitter.com/hpunke/journalists.

Other than journalists, I am also following some members of the Illini Basketball team and some political figures.

Now I love Twitter! I don't tweet but it's extremely fun reading what other people have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment