Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Twitter Followers
The first person I decided to follow was Steven B. Johnson. I picked him because he has written 6 books and has created 3 websites. I believe he uses Twitter to help promote his books and websites. ChristieNic is the next person I picked. She is a Contributing Editor, Scientific American; co-host, Grand Unified Weekly, Slate.com; freelance journalist. Jay Rosen teaches journalism at NYU, direct the Studio 20 program there, critique the press and try to grok new media. Leigh Alexander is a video game journalist. gamasutra's news director. Jeff Salamon is a senior editor at Texas Monthly. pomeranian99 is a journalist, blogger, and musician. Cory Doctorow is a writer. Xeni Jardin is a Curator of Internet Esoterica, Anomalies, and Curiosities. @boingboing co-editor, @boingboingvideo host/exec producer. Jason Kottke is a blogger and designer. I chose all of these people because they caught my eye with there bios. I believe they all use Twitter to help promoter either there websites or books, or even to help get their names out in the public. Some of which I believe already have high status such as Jay Rosen and Steven Johnson. I do not really see any changing landscape of journalism through none of the Twitters except of the two most well known ones Jay Rosen and Steven Johnson. They all do different types of journalism from writing there own books, to being bloggers, and even website creators.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment