I apologize to the books of the world but I really liked Farhat's article better online. First, the picture helped me to understand what the Sonos gizmo looked like and second, the links let me exercise curiosity where I wanted to. I found myself suddenly conscious of the jumps for ads that I don't normally digest online. They would be truly distracting in a book.
The reference to related materials on Slate didn't tempt me to click but I noticed it as a difference from endnotes or footnotes in text. I had a refresh on the sharing utilities - can't do that with a book in the same targetted way.
The Mechanics of Harmony sidebar was terrific and I got completely and delightfully distracted. Had to go to iTunes and buy some music - books lose another point! I am not ready to say that book are obsolescent but I think I understand the lure of the iPad much better.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment