The article talks about having this technology that is constantly upgradeable, with dynamic interfaces and yet it's in. . . a book? There seems to be a tad of irony in this. The article is much more effective when it utilizes the same technology that it talks about, like the internet. Furthermore, it reaches an audience (the internet savvy) that is generally more receptive and eager to learn about these sorts of technologies. It reaches a wider audience, too. I, personally, read a lot of blogs and keep up with new technology and I'm much more likely to stumble upon this article in the web than I am inside a bookstore. Unfortunately for the writer and publisher, where I'm most likely to read his article is the least likely place that I'll pay for it.
In the online version, the author includes links and pictures, which give the reader a better, if not complete, understanding of the product. These links make it easy to pursue interests in the article and learn more about the subject. The convenience of the online article is preferable to carrying around a book that yields only the information that you immediately see.
So, basically, a book is only ever a book. The internet, however, is a constantly changing technology and portal to other technologies that improves the accessibility of articles, but not necessarily the profit for the writer and publisher.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment